Friday, January 7, 2011

30 Day Drawing Challenge:Day seven, Fav Movie







Favorite Movie: Sword in the Stone

One of the coolest movies I saw growing up! Who wouldn’t want to hang out with a wizard who turns you into cool animals on the daily?! You can definitely see the animation work of Ollie Johnston in this one. He has the magical touch of creating realistic exaggeration. Every frame in this movie is a piece of art. Everything in this movie was awesome from the style to the music ("higgitus-biggitus-spiggitus-spum") to the effortless weight and movement in the animation of these hilarious characters.

I paused a few of my favorite scenes and sketched them out. Hope I didn't do it too much injustice.

In and out, up and down
That's what makes the world go 'round...
Don't just wait and trust in fate
And say, that's how it's meant to be
It's up to you how far you go
If you don't try you'll never know
And so my lad as I've explained
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

No comments:

Post a Comment